Sunday, September 8, 2013

Vintage Restaurant Cookbooks

Look No Further - A Cookbook of Favorite Recipes from Boone Tavern Hotel, Berea College, Kentucky, published in 1955.

The New Orleans Restaurant Cookbook, published in 1967. Includes recipes from Brennan's, Antoine's, Galatoire's and other popular New Orleans restaurants. Some of my favorite food memories are from the years I lived in New Orleans which I consider one of the best places to eat! A few of my personal favorites are the soft shell crab or oyster po-boy from Cafe Maspero's, a broiled seafood platter from a restaurant that I can no longer recall the name, boiled crawfish from Deenie's in Bucktown and the gumbo from Ralph & Kacoo's.

Trader Vic's Pacific Island Cookbook with Side trips to Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, Mexico and Texas published in 1968. There are 100's of recipes for food and drinks from 18 different places.



No comments:

Post a Comment