Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Modern Day Interlude - Cookbooks from Overseas

My parents lived in Rota, Spain from 1982 to 1987. I visited/lived with them during my college breaks and in the summers.

They also lived on various bases in South Korea from 1990 to 1996.

The following cookbooks come from our travels.

A Taste of 2nd Infantry Division, published in 1993. Recipes complied by Camp Casey Community Volunteer Corps, Camp Casey, Korea. My mother contributed a few family recipes: Fruit Cocktail Cake and Corn Chowder.

Original Spanish Cooking, published in 1985. Filled with some of my favorite Spanish recipes: Gazpacho, Tortilla Espanola. Paella, Flan and Merluza. Tapas originated in Andalusia a southern province of Spain where Rota is located and I ate them often while out bar hopping! Tucked inside the book was a recipe for Sangria - also sampled by me while living in Spain!





No comments:

Post a Comment