Saturday, September 21, 2013

Modern Day Interlude - Cookbooks from Hawaii

Roy's Feasts from Hawaii, published in 1995. Roy probably started the Hawaiian "fusion" movement - local dishes with a European or Asian Flair.

A Taste of Hawaii - A Collection of Recipes from the Junior League of Honolulu, published in 2001. This is the 11th printing, the first was in 1983. I sent a duplicate copy of this book to my brother who still lives in Hawaii.







Jean Hee's Best of the Best Hawai"i Recipes, published in 2007. So happy to find many recipes I ate while growing up in Hawaii!

Island Cook - A Collection of Favorite Recipes, published in 2001. After I bought this book (on-line with many others), I was pleasantly surprised to find it was published in my hometown of Waipahu, Hawaii.

From Hawai'i's Kitchen - Homemade Gifts of Sweets & Treats, published in 2005. In Hawaii we love to eat and love our sweets!

Pacific Islands Cook Book, published in 1977. I bought this book before I headed to college in Louisiana in order to cook "local" meals while away from home.





Mrs. Hawaii's Cook Book, published in 1964.  I laughed out loud when I found this book in a tiny thrift store in Georgia. Of course I HAD to buy it!

Mrs. Hawaii's New Cookbook, published in 1988. Updated to reflect healthier options for local dishes.








No comments:

Post a Comment