Sunday, April 13, 2014

More Yard Sale Purchases - James Beard & Texas A&M

Hullabaloo in the Kitchen II, published in 1998. Recipes complied by the Dallas County Texas A&M University Mother's Club. The first mother's club was founded in 1922 and there are now 120+ clubs in Texas and the the rest of the nation. Football is HUGE in Texas and competition is fierce among the ladies (and gents) so I expect nothing but the best recipes!

Beard on Bread, published in 1973.  Mr. Beard is the NAME in culinary circles (James Beard Foundation award) and I am totally giddy with excitement to try out a few recipes. Of course, I will work my way up to the yeast breads, by starting with a few easier recipes for batter breads, or maybe egg breads. Then there are the sweetened breads and coffee cakes! I LOVE fresh home baked bread and can remember making a few loaves with my mother while growing up.




No comments:

Post a Comment