Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Thrifty Buys - August 2014 - Week#1 ~ Miso Recipes and Top Secret Recipes

The Little Book of Miso Recipes, published in 2000.  A recipe booklet put out by the South River Miso Company of Conway, Massachusetts. The 25 pages of recipes incorporate their various Miso products: Chickpea, Azuki Bean, Golden Millet, Sweet White, Dandelion Leek and Brown Rice. The company has been making Miso since 1979, and has sold 12,000 copies of this booklet! I LOVE Miso soup and make an instant version whenever I feel I may be coming down with a cold - it's my substitute for Chicken soup.

Top Secret Recipes Unlocked, published in 2009.  My second cookbook of "clone" recipes. The author recreates dishes from well known restaurants and adapts them for the everyday cook.  A few of the notable recipes include: Crunch & Munch Buttery Toffee Popcorn - which I prefer to Cracker Jacks!, Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad, Starbucks Cranberry Bliss & Peppermint Brownie, several recipes from Panera, McDonald's & Popeye's, plus The Soup Nazi's Crab Bisque (every time I hear the word bisque, I crack a smile and remember the following scene):
But you yada yada'd over the best part."
"No, I mentioned the bisque."
- George, Elaine, and Jerry, in "The Yada Yada"
Of course Elaine was speaking of lobster bisque, but again - BISQUE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment