Monday, August 4, 2014

Estate Sale - Indigo Drive ~ Vintage Cooking Pamphlets: Come & Get It and (Famous!) Florida

Come and Get It! (General Foods), published in 1942. I probably should have looked a little closer at this booklet - I briefly paged though it and saw recipes, so I put it my buy pile. When I got home and started to read it, I realized that the sailor and the BIG pot on the cover represented the theme of the booklet - it's a helpful guide for mess officers, camp dietitians and institutional managers.  Since the booklet was printed during the war years, I thought the cover was just a shout out to the troops! Anyways, if I ever need to make 23 pounds of plain muffins, 4 gallons of chocolate pudding or 8 gallons of vegetable chowder, I am good to go....

Famous Florida Recipes, published in 1954. Recipes from across the state of Florida, reflecting the various cultures and influences of the inhabitants in the area. The chapter on Tarpon Springs has Greek recipes for fish and a salad, while the recipes from Key West have a Spanish/Cuban vibe.






Page from Florida Recipes:




Page from Come & Get It:





No comments:

Post a Comment