Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weekend Round Up - New Vintage Purchases

The last of the books I purchased this week. Only thrifted two days this week since I have company this weekend. I spent two days super cleaning the house! While cleaning the "book" room with D, he suggested I may need to consider cutting back on the books I buy (the horror!). In addition to my cookbook collection, I also buy various other books - mostly art and vintage decorating. It may be time to cull through my titles yet again! Of course I didn't  tell him about my recent on-line purchase of 40+ vintage cooking pamphlets...

Better Homes & Gardens Chicken and Turkey Cookbook, published in 1976. Another book for my BH&G collection! Just in time for the holidays, the book has 215 different ways to prepare pheasant, duck and other game birds.

Craig Claiborne's Southern Cooking, published in 1987. Mr. Claiborne was born and raised in Mississippi and the 300 recipes are from his mother, his own files and some the regions best cooks.


No comments:

Post a Comment