Sunday, May 18, 2014

More Catching Up with Thrifty Finds - Carnival Cruises, Hershey's and Back of the Box

Carnival Creations - Cruise Cuisine from Carnival Chefs, published in 1996. The book is signed by several of the waiters and staff who assisted the previous owner. Recipes include appetizers, soups and salads, entrees, desserts and spa food. Everyone I know who ever went a cruise ALWAYS mentions the abundance of great food!






Hershey's 100th Anniversary, published in 1994. I have yet to unwrap the book - there were at least 2 copies of the same book at the thrift store - both still factory sealed. I think I paid 50 cents for the book (sight unseen as it were!) at my favorite local thrift store. Looks to filled with lots of yummy CHOCOLATE desserts.

Best Recipes of the Great Food Companies, published in 1992. I try and pick up these "back of the box" books whenever I spot one for a great price. I love to experiment with recipes on the back of products and tweak it to suit my tastes. There are almost 500 pages of recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment