Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Purchases - Christmas Edition

My local thrift store had all their Christmas related items marked off 70%, including cookbooks! I bought a few and spent only $1.25!!!

Better Homes and Gardens - Treasury of Christmas Crafts & Foods, published in 1980. Most of the craft projects have a country theme - which was huge in the 80's. There are several menus for holiday meals, plus lots of great recipes especially cookies.

Favorite All Time Recipes - Gifts from the Holiday Kitchen, published in 1996.  Filled with recipes for cookies, breads, sauces and chutney, cakes, plus scones! One chapter has great ideas on how to package each gift.





The Best of Martha Stewart Living - Holidays, published in 1993.Book is laden with overblown "projects" in the Martha Stewart manner. (Yes Martha, of course I will gather leaves from my yard, spray with gold paint to add an accent to my gift wrapping , from paper I made myself!) The recipes look great and include the usual holiday fare but jacked to the Martha Stewart standard. I love to read each picture's description and look for any decor or serving dish that is NOT an antique or bought in some far away place like Mongolia! (PS they are few and far between).

Christmas Cookies, published in 1988. The title says it all - cookies! Cookies run the gamut from bars and squares, dropped, rolled/sliced and shaped. There is a chapter on foreign cookies as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment